Rajasthan bandh by BJP evokes mixed reaction
Jaipur: The state-level bandh call given by BJP, to protest the CBI charge sheet against senior party leader Gulab Chand Kataria in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case, Saturday evoked mixed reaction in parts of Rajasthan.
Markets in many areas remained shut but there was no impact on public transport and offices as well as other services.
BJP activists in groups took rounds in the market to make sure that the bandh gets successful.
Police said that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident was reported from anywhere.
In Bikaner and Jodhpur division also, many markets remained shut but transportation was not affected.
BJP had given the call for a state-level bandh today to protest against the charge sheet against Kataria.
"Kataria was implicated falsely in the case and this was done at the behest of Congress," BJP`s state general secretary Kalicharan Saraf said.
He said that several teams in all the divisions have been formed to make the bandh successful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!