Rajasthan bandh by BJP evokes mixed reaction
Jaipur: The state-level bandh call given by BJP, to protest the CBI charge sheet against senior party leader Gulab Chand Kataria in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case, Saturday evoked mixed reaction in parts of Rajasthan.
Markets in many areas remained shut but there was no impact on public transport and offices as well as other services.
BJP activists in groups took rounds in the market to make sure that the bandh gets successful.
Police said that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident was reported from anywhere.
In Bikaner and Jodhpur division also, many markets remained shut but transportation was not affected.
BJP had given the call for a state-level bandh today to protest against the charge sheet against Kataria.
"Kataria was implicated falsely in the case and this was done at the behest of Congress," BJP`s state general secretary Kalicharan Saraf said.
He said that several teams in all the divisions have been formed to make the bandh successful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand