Rajasthan bandh by BJP evokes mixed reaction
Jaipur: The state-level bandh call given by BJP, to protest the CBI charge sheet against senior party leader Gulab Chand Kataria in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case, Saturday evoked mixed reaction in parts of Rajasthan.
Markets in many areas remained shut but there was no impact on public transport and offices as well as other services.
BJP activists in groups took rounds in the market to make sure that the bandh gets successful.
Police said that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident was reported from anywhere.
In Bikaner and Jodhpur division also, many markets remained shut but transportation was not affected.
BJP had given the call for a state-level bandh today to protest against the charge sheet against Kataria.
"Kataria was implicated falsely in the case and this was done at the behest of Congress," BJP`s state general secretary Kalicharan Saraf said.
He said that several teams in all the divisions have been formed to make the bandh successful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert