Rajasthan BJP defends Raje, says she never opposed coal allocation
Jaipur: Defending former chief minister Vasundhara Raje, Rajasthan BJP on Tuesday claimed that she never opposed allocation of coal blocks through competitive bidding as blamed by Congress at the centre.
The party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi said that the baseless allegation was leveled against Raje by the Congress for "face-saving" in the wake of coal scam.
"Former BJP government in Rajasthan headed by Vasundhara Raje did not express any opinion about coal blocks in the letter.
It was about lignite available in the state, not coal. The allegation is baseless and politically motivated," Chaturvedi said in a statement here.
He said that the Vasundhara government, to ensure adequate power production, had intended to keep the right over lignite (available in the state) with the state government but did not express her opinion about coal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi