Rajasthan BJP defends Raje, says she never opposed coal allocation
Jaipur: Defending former chief minister Vasundhara Raje, Rajasthan BJP on Tuesday claimed that she never opposed allocation of coal blocks through competitive bidding as blamed by Congress at the centre.
The party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi said that the baseless allegation was leveled against Raje by the Congress for "face-saving" in the wake of coal scam.
"Former BJP government in Rajasthan headed by Vasundhara Raje did not express any opinion about coal blocks in the letter.
It was about lignite available in the state, not coal. The allegation is baseless and politically motivated," Chaturvedi said in a statement here.
He said that the Vasundhara government, to ensure adequate power production, had intended to keep the right over lignite (available in the state) with the state government but did not express her opinion about coal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH