Rajasthan BJP defends Raje, says she never opposed coal allocation
Jaipur: Defending former chief minister Vasundhara Raje, Rajasthan BJP on Tuesday claimed that she never opposed allocation of coal blocks through competitive bidding as blamed by Congress at the centre.
The party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi said that the baseless allegation was leveled against Raje by the Congress for "face-saving" in the wake of coal scam.
"Former BJP government in Rajasthan headed by Vasundhara Raje did not express any opinion about coal blocks in the letter.
It was about lignite available in the state, not coal. The allegation is baseless and politically motivated," Chaturvedi said in a statement here.
He said that the Vasundhara government, to ensure adequate power production, had intended to keep the right over lignite (available in the state) with the state government but did not express her opinion about coal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof