Rajasthan BJP leader refutes charges of disproportionate assets
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader and MLA Ghanshyam Tiwari on Tuesday refuted charges of possessing disproportionate assets levelled by a Congress activist here two days back and said he will take legal action against him.
The activist, Suresh Mishra, had alleged in a press conference on Sunday that Tiwari has amassed property worth Rs 500 crore disproportionate to his income and demanded a CBI inquiry.
"I will take legal action (against Mishra) for levelling false and misleading allegations and for unnecessarily dragging my family members in the matter," Tiwari said at a press conference here.
Tiwari said that he was being singled out at a time when the BJP was considering him for a greater responsibly.
He also targeted one of his party leaders and alleged that the documents containing details of his assets were fake and were deliberately distributed on Sunday afternoon to "divert a news on electronic channels about his possible appointment as the party`s national vice president."
Tiwari added that the documents were already circulated in New Delhi on the morning of the same day.
Tiwari said that he was aware of a conspiracy being hatched for the past few days and he had informed Assembly Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat and DGP Harish Meena about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II