Rajasthan BJP leader refutes charges of disproportionate assets
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader and MLA Ghanshyam Tiwari on Tuesday refuted charges of possessing disproportionate assets levelled by a Congress activist here two days back and said he will take legal action against him.
The activist, Suresh Mishra, had alleged in a press conference on Sunday that Tiwari has amassed property worth Rs 500 crore disproportionate to his income and demanded a CBI inquiry.
"I will take legal action (against Mishra) for levelling false and misleading allegations and for unnecessarily dragging my family members in the matter," Tiwari said at a press conference here.
Tiwari said that he was being singled out at a time when the BJP was considering him for a greater responsibly.
He also targeted one of his party leaders and alleged that the documents containing details of his assets were fake and were deliberately distributed on Sunday afternoon to "divert a news on electronic channels about his possible appointment as the party`s national vice president."
Tiwari added that the documents were already circulated in New Delhi on the morning of the same day.
Tiwari said that he was aware of a conspiracy being hatched for the past few days and he had informed Assembly Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat and DGP Harish Meena about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi