Rajasthan BJP leader refutes charges of disproportionate assets
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader and MLA Ghanshyam Tiwari on Tuesday refuted charges of possessing disproportionate assets levelled by a Congress activist here two days back and said he will take legal action against him.
The activist, Suresh Mishra, had alleged in a press conference on Sunday that Tiwari has amassed property worth Rs 500 crore disproportionate to his income and demanded a CBI inquiry.
"I will take legal action (against Mishra) for levelling false and misleading allegations and for unnecessarily dragging my family members in the matter," Tiwari said at a press conference here.
Tiwari said that he was being singled out at a time when the BJP was considering him for a greater responsibly.
He also targeted one of his party leaders and alleged that the documents containing details of his assets were fake and were deliberately distributed on Sunday afternoon to "divert a news on electronic channels about his possible appointment as the party`s national vice president."
Tiwari added that the documents were already circulated in New Delhi on the morning of the same day.
Tiwari said that he was aware of a conspiracy being hatched for the past few days and he had informed Assembly Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat and DGP Harish Meena about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh