Rajasthan BJP leader sends legal notice to Rahul over AIIMS remarks
Jodhpur: A Rajasthan BJP leader has shot off a legal notice to Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi seeking a public apology for the latter`s reported statement at a party rally here that the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Jodhpur, was set up by the UPA government.
In the notice sent through a lawyer, BJP leader Mahendra Jhabak termed the statement as "false and misleading" and said if no apology came through he "would take the matter to the court against him (Rahul) and his party."
"It is well known to all that the AIIMS, Jodhpur was set up by the NDA government... Its foundation stone was laid on January 31, 2004 by then Health Minister Sushma Swaraj, Agriculture Minister Rajnath Singh and Finance Minister Jaswant Singh," Jhabak said.
He has also sent a copy of the notice to the Election Commission, seeking de-recognition of Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!