Rajasthan BJP MLAs forced to pay Rs 500 for coming late for Budget meet
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Jaipur: As many as 15 Rajasthan BJP MLAs were left red-faced when were asked to pay a fine of Rs 500 for arriving late for their legislature party meeting ahead of the Budget session of Rajasthan Assembly in Jaipur. According to a DNA report, Chief Minister Vasundhra Raje decided to fine the late comers in order to teach them a lesson in punctuality.
Raje had earlier warned the leaders to come for meetings on time or they will have to shell out Rs 500 as fine. She also told her colleagues, setting an example out of herself, that she`ll pay Rs 1,000 on coming late for meetings.
The initiative was hailed by the legislators and Rajawat, who is a former state minister, said that with this the late coming MLAs will learn the importance of time.
Enthused by the new practice of charging the late comers, one of the MLAs who reached late for the meeting payed twice the fine levied on him, according to the sources.
Others who were among the late comers were Rajawat, Kunjilal (Bamanwas MLA), Dr Rampratap (Hanumangarh MLA), Chandrakanta Meghwal (Ramganj Mandi MLA), Shatrughna Gautam (Kekri MLA), Ghanshyam Tiwari (Sanganer MLA) and Surendra Singh Rathore (Kumbhalgarh MLA), sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir