Rajasthan: BSP MLA Kushwaha takes oath in Speaker`s chamber
Jaipur: Newly-elected BSP MLA from Dholpur B L Kushwaha, wanted in a chit fund fraud case, today took oath of office and constitution in the chamber of Rajasthan Assembly Speaker here.
Speaker Kailash Meghwal administered the oath of office and constitution to Banwari Lal Kushwaha in his chamber as the session was adjourned yesterday till February 20, the sources said.
Armed with an anticipatory bail from the Rajasthan High Court, Kushwaha was accompanied by state BSP chief Bhagwan Singh Baba and other party members.
Alleging that a `political conspiracy` is going on against him Kushwaha told reporters that the rebels were jealous on his victory and wanted to blame his party (BSP).
However, he did not name anyone or party behind the conspiracy.
"I was not at all `bhagora` (absconder) as declared by the police, I had made my entry pass on January 20 on the eve of new assembly session but I fell sick and informed the speaker about my health", he said.
"There was some confusion or misunderstanding about my name with one Banwari Lal Modi who is probably wanted by the police of other state and not me", he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!