Rajasthan: BSP MLA Kushwaha takes oath in Speaker`s chamber
Jaipur: Newly-elected BSP MLA from Dholpur B L Kushwaha, wanted in a chit fund fraud case, today took oath of office and constitution in the chamber of Rajasthan Assembly Speaker here.
Speaker Kailash Meghwal administered the oath of office and constitution to Banwari Lal Kushwaha in his chamber as the session was adjourned yesterday till February 20, the sources said.
Armed with an anticipatory bail from the Rajasthan High Court, Kushwaha was accompanied by state BSP chief Bhagwan Singh Baba and other party members.
Alleging that a `political conspiracy` is going on against him Kushwaha told reporters that the rebels were jealous on his victory and wanted to blame his party (BSP).
However, he did not name anyone or party behind the conspiracy.
"I was not at all `bhagora` (absconder) as declared by the police, I had made my entry pass on January 20 on the eve of new assembly session but I fell sick and informed the speaker about my health", he said.
"There was some confusion or misunderstanding about my name with one Banwari Lal Modi who is probably wanted by the police of other state and not me", he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!