Rajasthan: BSP MLA Kushwaha takes oath in Speaker`s chamber
Jaipur: Newly-elected BSP MLA from Dholpur B L Kushwaha, wanted in a chit fund fraud case, today took oath of office and constitution in the chamber of Rajasthan Assembly Speaker here.
Speaker Kailash Meghwal administered the oath of office and constitution to Banwari Lal Kushwaha in his chamber as the session was adjourned yesterday till February 20, the sources said.
Armed with an anticipatory bail from the Rajasthan High Court, Kushwaha was accompanied by state BSP chief Bhagwan Singh Baba and other party members.
Alleging that a `political conspiracy` is going on against him Kushwaha told reporters that the rebels were jealous on his victory and wanted to blame his party (BSP).
However, he did not name anyone or party behind the conspiracy.
"I was not at all `bhagora` (absconder) as declared by the police, I had made my entry pass on January 20 on the eve of new assembly session but I fell sick and informed the speaker about my health", he said.
"There was some confusion or misunderstanding about my name with one Banwari Lal Modi who is probably wanted by the police of other state and not me", he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter