Rajasthan: Businessman shot dead; locals protest murder
Jaipur: Protesting against the murder of a businessman, locals on Saturday blocked a highway in Dausa district of Rajasthan demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.
Rammanohar was shot dead last night in the city by unidentified assailants after which a bus was set ablaze by locals, police said today.
No one was injured in the incident, they said.
As main markets in the district remained closed as a mark of protest, a delegation led by Dausa MP Kirori Meena today met senior officials and demanded action.
While they were temporarily pacified by the officials, the MP has given an ultimatum of 48-hours to police to arrest the accused.
The matter was being investigated and efforts were on to trace those responsible for the crime, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill