Rajasthan: Businessman shot dead; locals protest murder
Jaipur: Protesting against the murder of a businessman, locals on Saturday blocked a highway in Dausa district of Rajasthan demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.
Rammanohar was shot dead last night in the city by unidentified assailants after which a bus was set ablaze by locals, police said today.
No one was injured in the incident, they said.
As main markets in the district remained closed as a mark of protest, a delegation led by Dausa MP Kirori Meena today met senior officials and demanded action.
While they were temporarily pacified by the officials, the MP has given an ultimatum of 48-hours to police to arrest the accused.
The matter was being investigated and efforts were on to trace those responsible for the crime, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site