Rajasthan: Businessman shot dead; locals protest murder
Jaipur: Protesting against the murder of a businessman, locals on Saturday blocked a highway in Dausa district of Rajasthan demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.
Rammanohar was shot dead last night in the city by unidentified assailants after which a bus was set ablaze by locals, police said today.
No one was injured in the incident, they said.
As main markets in the district remained closed as a mark of protest, a delegation led by Dausa MP Kirori Meena today met senior officials and demanded action.
While they were temporarily pacified by the officials, the MP has given an ultimatum of 48-hours to police to arrest the accused.
The matter was being investigated and efforts were on to trace those responsible for the crime, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America