Rajasthan bypolls: 11 candidates withdraw nominations
Jaipur: Eleven candidates on Saturday pulled out from the fray on the last day of withdrawing nominations for the bypolls to four Assembly constituencies in Rajasthan.
A total of 23 candidates are now in the fray for the bypolls after the withdrawal of nomination papers, Chief Election Officer Dr Govind Sharma said.
The bypolls are scheduled on Surajgarh, Weir, Kota (South) and Nasirabad Assembly constituencies on September 13. The elections were necessitated after the MLAs representing the Assembly seats were elected to the Lok Sabha after the parliamentary polls.
BJP Legislators Sanwar Lal Jat, Om Birla, Santosh Ahlawat and Bahadur Singh Koli represented Nasirabad, Kota (South), Surajgarh and Weir Assembly constituencies respectively before they were elected to the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth