Rajasthan Chief Minister not to celebrate New Year
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has decided stay away from new year celebrations following the gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedic student and her death.
"Delhi’s incident has hurt people of the country. It is a blot on humanity. We should all take resolution that we will be committed for the protection of women`s dignity and their safety and security," a statement quoting Gehlot said on Sunday.
He also appealed to people to welcome new year with simplicity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra