Rajasthan Chief Minister not to celebrate New Year
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has decided stay away from new year celebrations following the gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedic student and her death.
"Delhi’s incident has hurt people of the country. It is a blot on humanity. We should all take resolution that we will be committed for the protection of women`s dignity and their safety and security," a statement quoting Gehlot said on Sunday.
He also appealed to people to welcome new year with simplicity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray