Rajasthan Chief Minister not to celebrate New Year
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has decided stay away from new year celebrations following the gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedic student and her death.
"Delhi’s incident has hurt people of the country. It is a blot on humanity. We should all take resolution that we will be committed for the protection of women`s dignity and their safety and security," a statement quoting Gehlot said on Sunday.
He also appealed to people to welcome new year with simplicity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan