Rajasthan CM asks police to expedite cases of SC/ST, women
Jaipur: Holding a high-level meeting with SPs on law and order in the state, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday directed them to expedite cases pertaining to SC/ST, women and children and register FIRs immediately.
She also asked them to address public grievances on the spot to avoid crime and said complainants should be given respect in police stations, besides investigation conducted in a cordial manner.
Speaking on the second-day of SP-Collectors` Conference here at the Secretariat, Raje said, "Crime cases pertaining to SC, ST, women and children should be taken very seriously. Their FIRs should be lodged immediately and expedited on priority by taking action against criminals."
The Chief Minister directed the police machinery to create a fearless atmosphere in the state and give top priority to containing crime. There should be an effective mechanism to control crime and maintain law and order in the state, she said.
For better liasoning between police and public, community policing and police reforms should be brought, Raje said, adding that better accountability, transparency, responsibility, competence and justice should be included in police working.
Economic crime, cyber crime, smuggling, fake currency rackets, terrorism and bank and chit-fund crimes should be on priority and tackled separately, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex