Rajasthan CM asks police to expedite cases of SC/ST, women
Jaipur: Holding a high-level meeting with SPs on law and order in the state, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday directed them to expedite cases pertaining to SC/ST, women and children and register FIRs immediately.
She also asked them to address public grievances on the spot to avoid crime and said complainants should be given respect in police stations, besides investigation conducted in a cordial manner.
Speaking on the second-day of SP-Collectors` Conference here at the Secretariat, Raje said, "Crime cases pertaining to SC, ST, women and children should be taken very seriously. Their FIRs should be lodged immediately and expedited on priority by taking action against criminals."
The Chief Minister directed the police machinery to create a fearless atmosphere in the state and give top priority to containing crime. There should be an effective mechanism to control crime and maintain law and order in the state, she said.
For better liasoning between police and public, community policing and police reforms should be brought, Raje said, adding that better accountability, transparency, responsibility, competence and justice should be included in police working.
Economic crime, cyber crime, smuggling, fake currency rackets, terrorism and bank and chit-fund crimes should be on priority and tackled separately, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city