Rajasthan CM Gehlot meets Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot on Friday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi, their first
meeting after his government drew flak for the recent communal
violence in Bharatpur district.
The Congress high command is believed to have given a
"stern message" to Gehlot after a central party team
reported "police excesses" during the communal riots.
Party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi had said the incident,
in which eight persons belonging to the minority community
were killed, was unfortunate and the party condemns it
The AICC fact finding team gave a report to party chief
Sonia Gandhi which spoke of "police excesses" during the
The team, which conducted a survey of riot-affected
area, also examined the "firing in the mosque" during the
riots between Meo Muslims and Gujjars there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!
- Bipasha Basu tells you how to combat bad hair day! Pic inside
- Donald Trump has already damaged national security: Madeline Albright