Rajasthan CM Gehlot meets Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot on Friday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi, their first
meeting after his government drew flak for the recent communal
violence in Bharatpur district.
The Congress high command is believed to have given a
"stern message" to Gehlot after a central party team
reported "police excesses" during the communal riots.
Party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi had said the incident,
in which eight persons belonging to the minority community
were killed, was unfortunate and the party condemns it
The AICC fact finding team gave a report to party chief
Sonia Gandhi which spoke of "police excesses" during the
The team, which conducted a survey of riot-affected
area, also examined the "firing in the mosque" during the
riots between Meo Muslims and Gujjars there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say