Rajasthan CM Gehlot meets Sonia
New Delhi: With a campaign being mounted against him by dissident MLAs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi and discussed the political situation in the state.
Gehlot, who was in the capital to attend the 60th anniversary of Parliament, had also met Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi yesterday, official sources said today.
During the meeting with the Congress President, the Chief Minister gave her an overview of the current political situation in Rajasthan.
Sources said the meeting comes against the backdrop of meeting of a few dissident party MLAs with party General Secretary in-charge for the State Mukul Wasnik and other senior leaders of the party.
These MLAs are believed to have complained to the leaders against the functioning of the state government.
In recent months, there has been a campaign against the state Chief Minister by these dissident MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur