Rajasthan CM Gehlot meets Sonia
New Delhi: With a campaign being mounted against him by dissident MLAs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi and discussed the political situation in the state.
Gehlot, who was in the capital to attend the 60th anniversary of Parliament, had also met Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi yesterday, official sources said today.
During the meeting with the Congress President, the Chief Minister gave her an overview of the current political situation in Rajasthan.
Sources said the meeting comes against the backdrop of meeting of a few dissident party MLAs with party General Secretary in-charge for the State Mukul Wasnik and other senior leaders of the party.
These MLAs are believed to have complained to the leaders against the functioning of the state government.
In recent months, there has been a campaign against the state Chief Minister by these dissident MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list