Rajasthan CM Gehlot meets Sonia
New Delhi: With a campaign being mounted against him by dissident MLAs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi and discussed the political situation in the state.
Gehlot, who was in the capital to attend the 60th anniversary of Parliament, had also met Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi yesterday, official sources said today.
During the meeting with the Congress President, the Chief Minister gave her an overview of the current political situation in Rajasthan.
Sources said the meeting comes against the backdrop of meeting of a few dissident party MLAs with party General Secretary in-charge for the State Mukul Wasnik and other senior leaders of the party.
These MLAs are believed to have complained to the leaders against the functioning of the state government.
In recent months, there has been a campaign against the state Chief Minister by these dissident MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened