Rajasthan CM Gehlot meets Sonia
New Delhi: With a campaign being mounted against him by dissident MLAs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi and discussed the political situation in the state.
Gehlot, who was in the capital to attend the 60th anniversary of Parliament, had also met Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi yesterday, official sources said today.
During the meeting with the Congress President, the Chief Minister gave her an overview of the current political situation in Rajasthan.
Sources said the meeting comes against the backdrop of meeting of a few dissident party MLAs with party General Secretary in-charge for the State Mukul Wasnik and other senior leaders of the party.
These MLAs are believed to have complained to the leaders against the functioning of the state government.
In recent months, there has been a campaign against the state Chief Minister by these dissident MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites