Rajasthan CM Vasundhra Raje calls on PM Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje Wednesday called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and sought central assistance for the state in view of its peculiar geographical location and problems like drought.
A state government spokesperson said this was Vasundhara Raje`s first formal meeting with Modi since he assumed office May 26.
During the meeting, she apprised Modi of various issues concerning her state.
Vasundhara Raje said Rajasthan was the biggest state of the country and it faces several challenges, including the security of the longest international border.
She said the cost of development was more in desert areas, hilly areas and tribal regions and sought special assistance to improve infrastructure in villages.
Vasundhara Raje also met Home Minster Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti.
During her meeting with Rajnath Singh, she demanded additional central assistance for modernisation of the state police force.
In her meeting with Jaitley, the Rajasthan chief minister urged him to protect interests of the state while imposing the goods and services tax (GST).
Vasundhara Raje, during her meeting with Uma Bharti, demanded a special package under the Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP) of the central government.
She also met Tourism and Culture Minister S.Y. Naik and demanded a special package for the Tal Chhapar wildlife sanctuary in Churu district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!