Rajasthan Congress attacks BJP
Jaipur: Ruling Congress in Rajasthan on Friday swung into election mode, with Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and several other party leaders claiming that BJP would never return to power in the state due to "goof ups" done by their leader Vasundhara Raje.
Addressing `Sankalp rally` here, Pradesh Congress Committee President Chandrabhan said, "neither Narendra Modi can become Prime Minister nor Vasundhara Raje will get public mandate to become Chief Minister of the state."
Targeting leader of opposition in Rajasthan Assembly Vasundhara Raje, Chandrabhan said, "She is not regarded as a leader in her own party, so how can she win confidence of people."
"BJP leaders come to power by provoking public sentiments. Votes were garnered by scaring people in Gujarat Assembly election, but this experiment cannot be used in the country and in Rajasthan," Chandrabhan said.
"Modi is being projected as a prime ministerial candidate but this arrogant man cannot become Prime Minister. The way to Delhi passes from Rajasthan and Congress is ready to block his way. Not Gujarat but Himachal Pradesh polls will have its impact in Rajasthan in coming elections," he claimed.
Earlier people did not know her (Raje) but now everybody is aware about her and her functioning. Farmers got bullet and several people were killed when they demanded water during her regime, the Congress leader alleged.
Gehlot alleged that because of the "goof ups" done by that government, the state could not get oil refinery.
"However, we are now hopeful that the state would get refinery. I have raised the issue in yesterday`s NDC meet in Delhi. Once refinery in set up the state would receive investment of around Rs 30,000 crores," Gehlot said.
The chief minister also focused on flagship schemes and programmes of the UPA and the state government.
He started with the decision taken by former prime minister Indira Gandhi, including nationalisation of banks, and said the Congress has always played a key role in the development and growth of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday