Rajasthan Congress MLA alleges irregularities in assessing crop damage
Jaipur: Accusing Rajasthan government of working against the interests of farmers, a Congress MLA Saturday alleged irregularities in assessing damage to crops in his constituency in Jalore district during the last Kharif crops season.
Congress MLA Sukhram Bishnoi, who represents Sanchor constituency of Jalore district, alleged that senior officers in the district changed the damage assessment reports prepared by Tehsilars on the basis of Girdawari report conducted in the field.
He claimed that Tehsildars of Sanchor and Chitalwana Tehsils, which fall under his assembly constituency, had submitted their reports to the collector in which they mentioned that the damage was 50-57 and 63 per cent respectively in October last year.
"Later, revised reports with assessment of damage less than 50 per cent in both the Tehsils were submitted due to which the affected farmers could not get compensation as compensation is given only after the damage is more than 50 per cent," Bishnoi told reporters here.
He said that the question was raised in the legislative assembly earlier this year but no action was taken against the officers.
Demanding action against the officers, Bishnoi announced to hold a dharna on July 7.
"The government is shielding the collector and other senior officers and took action against six Patwaris. I demand from the government to take action against the collector. With this demand, I will be sitting on a dharna on July 7 and if no action was taken by the government, I would begin a fast unto death from July 9 in Jaipur," he said.
When contacted, Jalore collector Rajan Vishan rejected the allegations and said that the report was not changed.
"I had asked the Tehsildar to submit the report in proper format, not to revise the facts. The allegation that the assessment report was changed is baseless," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire