Rajasthan: Constable shoots himself to claim gallantry award
Jaipur: A police constable, deputed as a
personal security officer of an ex-MLA in Jaipur, shot himself to
claim a gallantry award, police said on Monday.
"The constable Mahesh Rajguru alleged that around six
unidentified persons opened fire at him at the rented house of
the ex-MLA Surendra Singh and sped away in a car," ACP Adarsh
Nagar Arun Macya said.
"Senior officials rushed to the spot and found his
statements and crime scene suspicious. Today, he confessed
no such incident that he had narrated took place and he shot
himself just to claim a gallantry award by showing bravery,"
Rajguru, who received bullet injuries in stomach and
arm, is admitted at Sawai Man Singh government hospital in
the city and his condition is stated to be out of danger, he
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today