Rajasthan: Constable shoots himself to claim gallantry award
Jaipur: A police constable, deputed as a
personal security officer of an ex-MLA in Jaipur, shot himself to
claim a gallantry award, police said on Monday.
"The constable Mahesh Rajguru alleged that around six
unidentified persons opened fire at him at the rented house of
the ex-MLA Surendra Singh and sped away in a car," ACP Adarsh
Nagar Arun Macya said.
"Senior officials rushed to the spot and found his
statements and crime scene suspicious. Today, he confessed
no such incident that he had narrated took place and he shot
himself just to claim a gallantry award by showing bravery,"
Rajguru, who received bullet injuries in stomach and
arm, is admitted at Sawai Man Singh government hospital in
the city and his condition is stated to be out of danger, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi