Rajasthan: Constable shoots himself to claim gallantry award
Jaipur: A police constable, deputed as a
personal security officer of an ex-MLA in Jaipur, shot himself to
claim a gallantry award, police said on Monday.
"The constable Mahesh Rajguru alleged that around six
unidentified persons opened fire at him at the rented house of
the ex-MLA Surendra Singh and sped away in a car," ACP Adarsh
Nagar Arun Macya said.
"Senior officials rushed to the spot and found his
statements and crime scene suspicious. Today, he confessed
no such incident that he had narrated took place and he shot
himself just to claim a gallantry award by showing bravery,"
Rajguru, who received bullet injuries in stomach and
arm, is admitted at Sawai Man Singh government hospital in
the city and his condition is stated to be out of danger, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj