Rajasthan: Doctor, 2 nurses suspended for dereliction of duty
Jaipur: A doctor and two nursing staffers of a government hospital were suspended today for alleged dereliction of duty leading to the death of a pregnant woman in Rajasthan`s Pali district.
The woman, identified as Jayda Bano, was admitted to Bangarh government hospital yesterday but she was left unattended by the doctor and the nurses leading to her death, a district administration official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim`s family, the accused dcotor RP Sharma and the nurses Reshma and Suman were suspended after they were found guilty of dereliction during duty.
Meanwhile, other doctors of the hospital protested against the decision and demanded the suspension of the doctor and the staffers be revoked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?