Rajasthan: Doctor, 2 nurses suspended for dereliction of duty
Jaipur: A doctor and two nursing staffers of a government hospital were suspended today for alleged dereliction of duty leading to the death of a pregnant woman in Rajasthan`s Pali district.
The woman, identified as Jayda Bano, was admitted to Bangarh government hospital yesterday but she was left unattended by the doctor and the nurses leading to her death, a district administration official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim`s family, the accused dcotor RP Sharma and the nurses Reshma and Suman were suspended after they were found guilty of dereliction during duty.
Meanwhile, other doctors of the hospital protested against the decision and demanded the suspension of the doctor and the staffers be revoked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test