Rajasthan: Doctor, 2 nurses suspended for dereliction of duty
Jaipur: A doctor and two nursing staffers of a government hospital were suspended today for alleged dereliction of duty leading to the death of a pregnant woman in Rajasthan`s Pali district.
The woman, identified as Jayda Bano, was admitted to Bangarh government hospital yesterday but she was left unattended by the doctor and the nurses leading to her death, a district administration official said.
Acting on a complaint by the victim`s family, the accused dcotor RP Sharma and the nurses Reshma and Suman were suspended after they were found guilty of dereliction during duty.
Meanwhile, other doctors of the hospital protested against the decision and demanded the suspension of the doctor and the staffers be revoked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak