Rajasthan ex-minister Babulal Nagar denies offering money to rape victim
Jaipur: A video clip released by a 35-year-old rape victim has purportedly shown an "aide" of an ex-minister offering her huge money to withdraw the case but the accused Babulal Nagar denied any such links.
The victim, who lodged a complaint of rape, released the clip to a TV channel alleging that a close aide of Nagar`s brother offered her Rs 2 crore to drop the case.
Police said the video has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for examination.
When contacted Nagar said, "We have no affiliation with the said person nor is any one from our family involved in it."
Nagar, Minister of State for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his residence here, triggering a political storm.
Nagar denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed