Rajasthan ex-minister Babulal Nagar denies offering money to rape victim
Jaipur: A video clip released by a 35-year-old rape victim has purportedly shown an "aide" of an ex-minister offering her huge money to withdraw the case but the accused Babulal Nagar denied any such links.
The victim, who lodged a complaint of rape, released the clip to a TV channel alleging that a close aide of Nagar`s brother offered her Rs 2 crore to drop the case.
Police said the video has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for examination.
When contacted Nagar said, "We have no affiliation with the said person nor is any one from our family involved in it."
Nagar, Minister of State for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his residence here, triggering a political storm.
Nagar denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview