Rajasthan ex-minister Babulal Nagar denies offering money to rape victim
Jaipur: A video clip released by a 35-year-old rape victim has purportedly shown an "aide" of an ex-minister offering her huge money to withdraw the case but the accused Babulal Nagar denied any such links.
The victim, who lodged a complaint of rape, released the clip to a TV channel alleging that a close aide of Nagar`s brother offered her Rs 2 crore to drop the case.
Police said the video has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for examination.
When contacted Nagar said, "We have no affiliation with the said person nor is any one from our family involved in it."
Nagar, Minister of State for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his residence here, triggering a political storm.
Nagar denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers