Rajasthan ex-minister Babulal Nagar denies offering money to rape victim
Jaipur: A video clip released by a 35-year-old rape victim has purportedly shown an "aide" of an ex-minister offering her huge money to withdraw the case but the accused Babulal Nagar denied any such links.
The victim, who lodged a complaint of rape, released the clip to a TV channel alleging that a close aide of Nagar`s brother offered her Rs 2 crore to drop the case.
Police said the video has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for examination.
When contacted Nagar said, "We have no affiliation with the said person nor is any one from our family involved in it."
Nagar, Minister of State for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his residence here, triggering a political storm.
Nagar denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!