Rajasthan government politicising ATS: Raje
Jaipur: In the wake of the name of an RSS
leader figuring in the chargesheet in the Ajmer blast case,
former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundara Raje Sunday accused
the Congress government of "misusing" the Anti-Terrorism Squad
for its political interest.
Raje, also BJP general secretary, said the Congress
was doing such things to "make stronger its hold on Muslim
community", which, she claimed, was coming closer to BJP
following the efforts of RSS leader Indresh Kumar, who has
been named in the chargesheet.
"It is completely politically motivated move that is
highly condemnable. Kumar made sincere efforts to associate
Muslims with RSS. It`s good output concerned Congress and
hence the state government of Rajasthan while politicising ATS
like CBI conspired against Indresh," Raje said in a statement
She said party workers in large numbers would take
part in the mass dharna in all the district headquarters in
the state on November 10 to protest against the move.
Kumar`s name figures in the chargesheet in the Ajmer
Dargah blast case filed by the Rajasthan ATS last month before
a court in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi