Rajasthan government politicising ATS: Raje
Jaipur: In the wake of the name of an RSS
leader figuring in the chargesheet in the Ajmer blast case,
former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundara Raje Sunday accused
the Congress government of "misusing" the Anti-Terrorism Squad
for its political interest.
Raje, also BJP general secretary, said the Congress
was doing such things to "make stronger its hold on Muslim
community", which, she claimed, was coming closer to BJP
following the efforts of RSS leader Indresh Kumar, who has
been named in the chargesheet.
"It is completely politically motivated move that is
highly condemnable. Kumar made sincere efforts to associate
Muslims with RSS. It`s good output concerned Congress and
hence the state government of Rajasthan while politicising ATS
like CBI conspired against Indresh," Raje said in a statement
She said party workers in large numbers would take
part in the mass dharna in all the district headquarters in
the state on November 10 to protest against the move.
Kumar`s name figures in the chargesheet in the Ajmer
Dargah blast case filed by the Rajasthan ATS last month before
a court in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing