Rajasthan govt approves bill on corruption cases
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Thursday
approved a bill which would ensure speedy disposal of
corruption cases and attachment of properties of those civil
servants who have assets disproportionate to their income.
The draft of the `Rajasthan Special Court Bill, 2012` was
approved at a meeting of the state cabinet here today.
The Bill has provisions for speedy disposal of corruption
cases and seizure or attachment of property of those civil
servants, who make assets disproportionate to their known
source of income.
The draft proposes to make such attached assets state
properties and use them in public interest, according to an
Besides, seven new special courts will be set up for
As per the provisions, the cases of disproportionate
income to known sources of income will be disposed of within a
period of one year.
The new bill proposes to set up seven new special courts
to deal corruption cases. Primarily the courts will be set up
in Jaipur and Jodhpur.
Presently, six such special courts are functional in
Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Kota and Bikaner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog