Rajasthan govt approves bill on corruption cases
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Thursday
approved a bill which would ensure speedy disposal of
corruption cases and attachment of properties of those civil
servants who have assets disproportionate to their income.
The draft of the `Rajasthan Special Court Bill, 2012` was
approved at a meeting of the state cabinet here today.
The Bill has provisions for speedy disposal of corruption
cases and seizure or attachment of property of those civil
servants, who make assets disproportionate to their known
source of income.
The draft proposes to make such attached assets state
properties and use them in public interest, according to an
Besides, seven new special courts will be set up for
As per the provisions, the cases of disproportionate
income to known sources of income will be disposed of within a
period of one year.
The new bill proposes to set up seven new special courts
to deal corruption cases. Primarily the courts will be set up
in Jaipur and Jodhpur.
Presently, six such special courts are functional in
Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Kota and Bikaner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi