Rajasthan govt asked to clarify on Meena, Mina reservation issue
Jodhpur: Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday issued a notice to the state government seeking clarification on the reservation of Meena and Mina communities, while hearing a petition challenging the priority to persons of Meena community over those of Mina in appointment in Teachers Grade III examination 2012.
According to the petitioner Sugan Lal Bheel, who had appeared in the teachers grade III examination-2012 conducted by the state government, he was not given appointment despite the reservation for Mina community persons under the ST category, of which he was one.
His counsel Manjul Shrimali argued that according to the notification of the Union government, Mina community was accorded reservation under the ST category and not the Meena community.
"But the petitioner, despite being reserved under the ST category as Mina, was not given appointment, which was violation of the notification for reservation for Mina.
"Even in a reply by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs under RTI, which I had sought, it was clearly mentioned that Meena is not included in the reserved category under ST," Shrimali said.
On the basis of this argument, they had sought cancellation of appointment to persons of Meena community and urged for the consideration of persons of Mina community as the beneficiaries of reservation under ST category.
After hearing the arguments, Justice GK Vyas issued notice to the state government seeking reply from the Chief Secretary in 15 days with clarification on the status of the difference between Meena and Mina with reference to reservation notification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand