Rajasthan govt asked to clarify on Meena, Mina reservation issue
Jodhpur: Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday issued a notice to the state government seeking clarification on the reservation of Meena and Mina communities, while hearing a petition challenging the priority to persons of Meena community over those of Mina in appointment in Teachers Grade III examination 2012.
According to the petitioner Sugan Lal Bheel, who had appeared in the teachers grade III examination-2012 conducted by the state government, he was not given appointment despite the reservation for Mina community persons under the ST category, of which he was one.
His counsel Manjul Shrimali argued that according to the notification of the Union government, Mina community was accorded reservation under the ST category and not the Meena community.
"But the petitioner, despite being reserved under the ST category as Mina, was not given appointment, which was violation of the notification for reservation for Mina.
"Even in a reply by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs under RTI, which I had sought, it was clearly mentioned that Meena is not included in the reserved category under ST," Shrimali said.
On the basis of this argument, they had sought cancellation of appointment to persons of Meena community and urged for the consideration of persons of Mina community as the beneficiaries of reservation under ST category.
After hearing the arguments, Justice GK Vyas issued notice to the state government seeking reply from the Chief Secretary in 15 days with clarification on the status of the difference between Meena and Mina with reference to reservation notification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video