Rajasthan govt asked to clarify on Meena, Mina reservation issue
Jodhpur: Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday issued a notice to the state government seeking clarification on the reservation of Meena and Mina communities, while hearing a petition challenging the priority to persons of Meena community over those of Mina in appointment in Teachers Grade III examination 2012.
According to the petitioner Sugan Lal Bheel, who had appeared in the teachers grade III examination-2012 conducted by the state government, he was not given appointment despite the reservation for Mina community persons under the ST category, of which he was one.
His counsel Manjul Shrimali argued that according to the notification of the Union government, Mina community was accorded reservation under the ST category and not the Meena community.
"But the petitioner, despite being reserved under the ST category as Mina, was not given appointment, which was violation of the notification for reservation for Mina.
"Even in a reply by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs under RTI, which I had sought, it was clearly mentioned that Meena is not included in the reserved category under ST," Shrimali said.
On the basis of this argument, they had sought cancellation of appointment to persons of Meena community and urged for the consideration of persons of Mina community as the beneficiaries of reservation under ST category.
After hearing the arguments, Justice GK Vyas issued notice to the state government seeking reply from the Chief Secretary in 15 days with clarification on the status of the difference between Meena and Mina with reference to reservation notification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP