Rajasthan govt postpones report on drought
Jaipur: In view of the improved rainfall over the last few days, the Rajasthan government has postponed preparation of a special report on the drought situation in the state.
The state government has forwarded an interim representation to the Centre but the final assessment will be made after the rains end, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said.
"We have postponed the Girdawari (report) till the current round of rains stop. The recent rainfall has improved the situation in the state and we want to assess the actual situation of drought, so have postponed the Girdawari," Gehlot told reporters here.
"The government has forwarded a representation to the union government but it was interim. I am in touch with the union agriculture minister and will hold a meeting to finalise things at a later stage once the present round of monsoon ends," he said.
"The government wants to assess the real situation of drought hence this decision was taken," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister