Rajasthan govt postpones report on drought
Jaipur: In view of the improved rainfall over the last few days, the Rajasthan government has postponed preparation of a special report on the drought situation in the state.
The state government has forwarded an interim representation to the Centre but the final assessment will be made after the rains end, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said.
"We have postponed the Girdawari (report) till the current round of rains stop. The recent rainfall has improved the situation in the state and we want to assess the actual situation of drought, so have postponed the Girdawari," Gehlot told reporters here.
"The government has forwarded a representation to the union government but it was interim. I am in touch with the union agriculture minister and will hold a meeting to finalise things at a later stage once the present round of monsoon ends," he said.
"The government wants to assess the real situation of drought hence this decision was taken," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her