Rajasthan govt revokes suspension of 64 doctors
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Monday revoked the suspension of 64 doctors against whom action was
taken for participating in the strike which ended on December
A decision in this regard was taken by a committee of
ministers, set up by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, at its
meeting here, an official said.
Barring MoS Health Rajkumar Sharma, four members of
the committee were present at the meeting in which it was
decided to reinstate the doctors who were suspended for taking
part in their 11-day-old strike.
The in-service government doctors went on strike on
December 21 demanding pay hike and time-bound promotions.
The Rajasthan government took action against them under
the Rajasthan Essential Services Maintenance Act (RESMA).
The strike was withdrawn after the government lifted
RESMA and ordered release of all the doctors jailed during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Afghan court sentences senior Taliban leader Anas Haqqani to death
- Abducted Australian aid worker freed in Afghanistan
- CM Chouhan in US to woo investors, says MP 'ideal' for investment
- China's first driverless subway line to launch in 2017
- I do what I believe in, can't have double standards: Radhika Apte