Rajasthan govt revokes suspension of 64 doctors
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Monday revoked the suspension of 64 doctors against whom action was
taken for participating in the strike which ended on December
A decision in this regard was taken by a committee of
ministers, set up by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, at its
meeting here, an official said.
Barring MoS Health Rajkumar Sharma, four members of
the committee were present at the meeting in which it was
decided to reinstate the doctors who were suspended for taking
part in their 11-day-old strike.
The in-service government doctors went on strike on
December 21 demanding pay hike and time-bound promotions.
The Rajasthan government took action against them under
the Rajasthan Essential Services Maintenance Act (RESMA).
The strike was withdrawn after the government lifted
RESMA and ordered release of all the doctors jailed during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test