Rajasthan govt storing liquor cartons in FCI godown
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government is storing
liquor cartons in an FCI godown here at a time when lakhs of
tonnes of foodgrains were lying in the open, the opposition
BJP Thursday said in the state Assembly.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Hanuman Beniwaln (BJP)
alleged that an FCI godown in the Gandhinagar locality had
reportedly kept huge liquor consignments under tin sheds,
whereas wheat bags were rotting in the open last year.
He said stray cattle were eating the bags making the
foodgrains unfit for human consumption and alleged that the
state government was ignoring the matter by not ensuring any
Due to shortage of space, the foodgrains specially wheat
bags, were lying unattended at Kanakpura and Gandhinagar
depots, he alleged.
Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat, however, expunged
certain remarks by him against Food and Civil Supply Minister
Meanwhile, the FCI has asked the Rajasthan Breweries to
shift within 10 days its liquor consignments from its
warehouses here, an official said. FCI had reportedly leased
some of its warehousing space to the state-owned liquor
company a couple of years ago, he said.
FCI godowns are at present facing space crunch because of
which about 40,000 tonnes of surplus foodgrains were lying in
the open, the official said, adding over 1,000 tonnes of wheat
stored at the Gandhi Nagar warehouse are lying in the open.
Scores of trucks loaded with fresh arrival of wheat were
seen stranded on the Tonk road with the police directing them
to leave the city road or face challans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks