Rajasthan govt to give free laptops to university topper
Jaipur: Rajasthan government would give free laptops to toppers in graduate and post graduate courses in state universities, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said Tuesday.
Speaking at a function in Rajasthan University, Gehlot said the government would give laptops to students securing top positions in all the streams at graduate and post graduate level in the state universities.
He directed the department of higher education to collect information about toppers from the universities.
He said the government had earlier taken decision to award laptops to top 10,000 students of (each) 10th and 12th state board examinations, and scholarship of Rs 500 per month to top top one lakh students of class XII state board.
Stating that the government was keen to promote the use of Information Technology, he said three-per cent of the total budget of every state department had been earmarked exclusively for this purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details