Rajasthan govt to give free laptops to university topper
Jaipur: Rajasthan government would give free laptops to toppers in graduate and post graduate courses in state universities, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said Tuesday.
Speaking at a function in Rajasthan University, Gehlot said the government would give laptops to students securing top positions in all the streams at graduate and post graduate level in the state universities.
He directed the department of higher education to collect information about toppers from the universities.
He said the government had earlier taken decision to award laptops to top 10,000 students of (each) 10th and 12th state board examinations, and scholarship of Rs 500 per month to top top one lakh students of class XII state board.
Stating that the government was keen to promote the use of Information Technology, he said three-per cent of the total budget of every state department had been earmarked exclusively for this purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?