Rajasthan govt to give free laptops to university topper
Jaipur: Rajasthan government would give free laptops to toppers in graduate and post graduate courses in state universities, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said Tuesday.
Speaking at a function in Rajasthan University, Gehlot said the government would give laptops to students securing top positions in all the streams at graduate and post graduate level in the state universities.
He directed the department of higher education to collect information about toppers from the universities.
He said the government had earlier taken decision to award laptops to top 10,000 students of (each) 10th and 12th state board examinations, and scholarship of Rs 500 per month to top top one lakh students of class XII state board.
Stating that the government was keen to promote the use of Information Technology, he said three-per cent of the total budget of every state department had been earmarked exclusively for this purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever