Rajasthan govt to offer prayers for state`s prosperity
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will perform special prayers at scared places of all religions for the peace and prosperity of the state.
The idea has been proposed by the by Devsthan department.
"Special prayers will be performed at identified places. We are in the process to finalise the number of such places and a detailed programme will be announced once the programme is finalised," Radheyshyam Sharma, Additional Commissioner of the department, said today.
There will be `maha aarti` in temples, `chaadars` will be offered at dargahs, `ardas` will be performed in gurdwaras and prayers will be offered in churchs, besides other religious ceremonies, he said.
The decision has been made following the state government asking all departments to prepare a two-month action plan for public works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda