Rajasthan govt to offer prayers for state`s prosperity
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government will perform special prayers at scared places of all religions for the peace and prosperity of the state.
The idea has been proposed by the by Devsthan department.
"Special prayers will be performed at identified places. We are in the process to finalise the number of such places and a detailed programme will be announced once the programme is finalised," Radheyshyam Sharma, Additional Commissioner of the department, said today.
There will be `maha aarti` in temples, `chaadars` will be offered at dargahs, `ardas` will be performed in gurdwaras and prayers will be offered in churchs, besides other religious ceremonies, he said.
The decision has been made following the state government asking all departments to prepare a two-month action plan for public works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region