Rajasthan govt took several pro-farmer steps: Gehlot
Jaipur: The state government has taken several steps in favour of farmers, including no increase in power tariff for five years, but the opposition BJP has labelled us as anti-farmers, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said on Saturday.
"An important decision of not increasing the power tariff for farmers for five years was taken after the government was formed. Several other decisions including one that of bonus of Rs 150 per quintal on MSP on wheat were also taken by the government," Gehlot said in Ladnu town of Nagaur district.
The Chief Minister was addressing a gathering of farmers at a function, marking state agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak`s 60 years in politics.
Gehlot said that the government has made arrangements to ensure distribution of quality seeds to farmers.
He also announced to increase the bed capacity of Ladnu government hospital from 100 to 150.
On the other hand, BJP rejected the claim of the Chief Minister and again accused the Congress government of being "anti-farmers".
Subhash Mehariya, national vice president of BJP Kisan Morcha, alleged that farmers were not getting their cost of production during the Congress rule.
"The rates of fertilizers are rising and the farmers are not getting their cost of production for which UPA government`s policies are responsible. The state government also did not provide any relief to farmers," he told reporters at the party office here.
Meanwhile, in anther programme in Jhunjhunu district, Gehlot unveiled a statue of slain Indian soldier Dharmpal Saini.
He also felicitated the parents of Saini, who was killed in Kango while serving in UN peacekeeping mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed