Rajasthan govt took several pro-farmer steps: Gehlot
Jaipur: The state government has taken several steps in favour of farmers, including no increase in power tariff for five years, but the opposition BJP has labelled us as anti-farmers, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said on Saturday.
"An important decision of not increasing the power tariff for farmers for five years was taken after the government was formed. Several other decisions including one that of bonus of Rs 150 per quintal on MSP on wheat were also taken by the government," Gehlot said in Ladnu town of Nagaur district.
The Chief Minister was addressing a gathering of farmers at a function, marking state agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak`s 60 years in politics.
Gehlot said that the government has made arrangements to ensure distribution of quality seeds to farmers.
He also announced to increase the bed capacity of Ladnu government hospital from 100 to 150.
On the other hand, BJP rejected the claim of the Chief Minister and again accused the Congress government of being "anti-farmers".
Subhash Mehariya, national vice president of BJP Kisan Morcha, alleged that farmers were not getting their cost of production during the Congress rule.
"The rates of fertilizers are rising and the farmers are not getting their cost of production for which UPA government`s policies are responsible. The state government also did not provide any relief to farmers," he told reporters at the party office here.
Meanwhile, in anther programme in Jhunjhunu district, Gehlot unveiled a statue of slain Indian soldier Dharmpal Saini.
He also felicitated the parents of Saini, who was killed in Kango while serving in UN peacekeeping mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video