Rajasthan Guv praises state govt`s efforts for `speedy development`
Jaipur: Rajasthan has set up over 2.3 lakh self help groups for economic empowerment in the state and taken a slew of measures for speedy development, Governor Margaret Alva said on Thursday.
Outlining the state`s policy in her Address to the budget session of the assembly, Alva praised government schemes including distribution of free medicines and rural BPL housing among others.
"Our government has for the first time implemented and successfully executed 15 state flagship schemes which have been appreciated at the national level. These schemes have solved the problem of people related with medicine, house, education," she said.
On efforts taken for women by the government, Alva said the state commission for women had introduced a helpline for their assistance.
Rajasthan Janani Shishu Suraksha Yojna has raised the rate of institutional delivery from earlier 71 per cent to 81 per cent and has brought down mother and child mortality rates, Alva said.
Rajasthan Public Services delivery guarantee act, interest free crop loan for farmers, chief minister`s scholarship programme were among other schemes and programmes Alva sought to highlight in her address.
Before Alva began her speech, BJP MLA Ghanshyam Tiwari requested the Governor to address in Hindi instead of English, saying most people in the state were Hindi speaking.
The Governor paying heed to the request delivered a portion of the speech in Hindi, copy of which was later tabled in the house.
While Alva was addressing, CPI MLAs staged a walk out in protest of the state government`s apathy towards the demands of trade unions.
MLA Hanuman Beniwal (who is suspended from BJP legislative party) and independent legislator Golma Devi also joined them in the walk out.
Before adjourning for the day, the House condoled the deaths of former Prime Minister I K Gujral, former Governor of Gujarat Kailashpati Mishra, former CM of Puducherry Panchanatham Shanmugam, former CM Uttrakhand Nityanand Swami, former Deputy Speaker of Raj Vidhansabha Ramnarayan Chaudhary, seven former MLAs of the state and the victims of Mahakumbha stampede.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis