Rajasthan has potential to become leading state of India: Alva
Jaipur: Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva on Thursday said the state has immense potential to become the leading state of the country.
She said the potential can, however, be utilised only after providing proper opportunities of skill development to the youths, according to an official release.
Addressing a `Raj Gaurav Award` function at the Raj Bhawan here, Alva called upon the people to give their contribution in making Rajasthan the "number one" state in the country.
At the function, the Governor felicitated Anjan Kumar Goswami of Govind Devji Temple Trust, Lalita Devi Garg of Derewala Trust, Principal of St Xavier`s School Father Ravi John, among other.
Former state minister B D Kalla and former MP Karan Singh Yadav were among those present at the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand