Rajasthan HC sets up enquiry committee into mining on Bhilwara border
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Monday set up an enquiry into mining activities by a company on periphery of Bhilwara city following allegations of irregularities in allotment of gold and iron ore mines.
A single bench of Justice Raghvendra S Rathore directed that an enquiry committee to be constituted under Deputy Director General (DDG) and Head of the Department, Geological Survey of India`s West Region, Jaipur which will submit its report by October 17.
The order came on a bunch of petitions filed by Bhilwara Press Society and residents of five villages near Bhilwara city.
The court also expressed its displeasure at the Centre`s failure to respond to its notices on the petitions despite being given three chances.
"We know the reasons as to why the government is evading filing the reply. Though the bench is not inclined to accept such behaviour, still in the interest of justice one last opportunity is granted for filing reply with advance copy to the counsel for petitioner," it said.
Abhinav Sharma, counsel for the petitioners, said the bench has sought a report on the area under excavation out of the total alloted area of the two mining leases, nature of the land which is being exploited for mineral excavation i.E. whether revenue land or private land and the minerals that are being explored.
The petition has sought a CBI inquiry alleging that the mining lease has been alloted to Jindal Saw Ltd at the instance of Congress MP Naveen Jindal whose company JSPL is having technical collaboration with it.
The PIL also sought fresh public auction of the mining leases, citing the Supreme Court order on 2G spectrum auction.
The DDG, GSI has been asked to associate concerned persons in the committee along with one of the petitioners Dinesh Sharma as its members and submit its report by October 17.
The company as well as the state government had earlier denied availability of any gold and admitted the presence of low quality iron ore in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!