Rajasthan hunting for six, 1,367 kg cocaine seized
Jaipur: Rajasthan Police Monday conducted raids within and outside the state to nab six members of a family, including three women, after over 1,300 kg cocaine was seized from their house in Alwar district, an officer said.
"The family claimed to be involved in agricultural work. They also ran a drug factory and it seems they used to run the smuggling racket. It is the biggest narcotics haul in the state," the police officer told reporters.
The local police, with help from anti-narcotics bureau and other agencies, Sunday seized 1,367 kg of cocaine worth around Rs.100 crore in the international market from Lili village, some 140 km from state capital Jaipur.
However, the house`s occupants managed to escape the raiding team.
The police later lodged a first information report (FIR) against six people, including Phool Singh, Vikram Singh and Khusi Ram, of the family. The names of the women have not been disclosed.
It seems the cocaine had been smuggled from Hyderabad and was to be delivered to drug mafias in cities like Delhi, the officer said.
"The probe has been handed over to the SOG (Special Operations Group) and teams have been rushed to several places, including Hyderabad and Delhi," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'