Rajasthan hunting for six, 1,367 kg cocaine seized
Jaipur: Rajasthan Police Monday conducted raids within and outside the state to nab six members of a family, including three women, after over 1,300 kg cocaine was seized from their house in Alwar district, an officer said.
"The family claimed to be involved in agricultural work. They also ran a drug factory and it seems they used to run the smuggling racket. It is the biggest narcotics haul in the state," the police officer told reporters.
The local police, with help from anti-narcotics bureau and other agencies, Sunday seized 1,367 kg of cocaine worth around Rs.100 crore in the international market from Lili village, some 140 km from state capital Jaipur.
However, the house`s occupants managed to escape the raiding team.
The police later lodged a first information report (FIR) against six people, including Phool Singh, Vikram Singh and Khusi Ram, of the family. The names of the women have not been disclosed.
It seems the cocaine had been smuggled from Hyderabad and was to be delivered to drug mafias in cities like Delhi, the officer said.
"The probe has been handed over to the SOG (Special Operations Group) and teams have been rushed to several places, including Hyderabad and Delhi," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown