Rajasthan IAS officer accused of sexual exploitation
Jaipur: A first information report was Saturday registered against a senior IAS officer here on the basis of a complaint filed by a 22-year-old girl who accused him of sexual exploitation after promising her help to clear the civil service exam, police said.
The accused BB Mohanty, an additional chief secretary rank officer, is currently posted as chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
"The girl who lives in a hostel in city`s Mahesh Nagar area approached a court accusing Mohanty of sexually exploiting her. The court ordered police to lodge a first information report (FIR). The report was lodged Saturday," said Inspector Ramawtar said.
The officer said that as per the girl, her hostel is near the Indian Administrative Service`s (IAS) officer flat.
"She says that Mohanty introduced himself as a senior IAS officer last year and started exploiting her on the promise of helping her clear the IAS examination. She says that the officer sexually exploiting her for the first time on Feb 19 last year at his flat," said the officer.
An investigation has been launched into the allegations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan