Rajasthan IAS officer accused of sexual exploitation
Jaipur: A first information report was Saturday registered against a senior IAS officer here on the basis of a complaint filed by a 22-year-old girl who accused him of sexual exploitation after promising her help to clear the civil service exam, police said.
The accused BB Mohanty, an additional chief secretary rank officer, is currently posted as chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
"The girl who lives in a hostel in city`s Mahesh Nagar area approached a court accusing Mohanty of sexually exploiting her. The court ordered police to lodge a first information report (FIR). The report was lodged Saturday," said Inspector Ramawtar said.
The officer said that as per the girl, her hostel is near the Indian Administrative Service`s (IAS) officer flat.
"She says that Mohanty introduced himself as a senior IAS officer last year and started exploiting her on the promise of helping her clear the IAS examination. She says that the officer sexually exploiting her for the first time on Feb 19 last year at his flat," said the officer.
An investigation has been launched into the allegations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case