Rajasthan IAS officer accused of sexual exploitation
Jaipur: A first information report was Saturday registered against a senior IAS officer here on the basis of a complaint filed by a 22-year-old girl who accused him of sexual exploitation after promising her help to clear the civil service exam, police said.
The accused BB Mohanty, an additional chief secretary rank officer, is currently posted as chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
"The girl who lives in a hostel in city`s Mahesh Nagar area approached a court accusing Mohanty of sexually exploiting her. The court ordered police to lodge a first information report (FIR). The report was lodged Saturday," said Inspector Ramawtar said.
The officer said that as per the girl, her hostel is near the Indian Administrative Service`s (IAS) officer flat.
"She says that Mohanty introduced himself as a senior IAS officer last year and started exploiting her on the promise of helping her clear the IAS examination. She says that the officer sexually exploiting her for the first time on Feb 19 last year at his flat," said the officer.
An investigation has been launched into the allegations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah