Rajasthan launches probe into Vadra land deals
Jaipur: The Vasundhara Raje government in Rajasthan has launched a probe into land deals of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in the state when the Congress was in power.
"The state government has directed collectors of Jodhpur, Barmer and Bikaner districts to gather information on deals and draft a factual report," sources in the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) told IANS.
The collectors have been asked to submit the report by mid-May.
Sources said CMO officials were in touch with the collectors regularly and were monitoring the work.
It is alleged that the companies in which Vadra has stakes built a huge land bank of thousands of acres in Bikaner, Jodhpur and Barmer between 2009 and 2012. The then Ashok Gehlot government had announced sites for setting up solar power projects.
It is also alleged as soon as the sites were announced, the land was sold at heavy prices by the companies.
Several BJP parliamentarians, including Bhupendra Yadav and Arjun Ram Meghwal, earlier demanded a probe into the property deals allegedly involving Vadra.
Former chief minister Gehlot has termed the allegations baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Alia Bhatt new BFFs in B-Town? Here's why
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha