Rajasthan launches probe into Vadra land deals
Jaipur: The Vasundhara Raje government in Rajasthan has launched a probe into land deals of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in the state when the Congress was in power.
"The state government has directed collectors of Jodhpur, Barmer and Bikaner districts to gather information on deals and draft a factual report," sources in the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) told IANS.
The collectors have been asked to submit the report by mid-May.
Sources said CMO officials were in touch with the collectors regularly and were monitoring the work.
It is alleged that the companies in which Vadra has stakes built a huge land bank of thousands of acres in Bikaner, Jodhpur and Barmer between 2009 and 2012. The then Ashok Gehlot government had announced sites for setting up solar power projects.
It is also alleged as soon as the sites were announced, the land was sold at heavy prices by the companies.
Several BJP parliamentarians, including Bhupendra Yadav and Arjun Ram Meghwal, earlier demanded a probe into the property deals allegedly involving Vadra.
Former chief minister Gehlot has termed the allegations baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?