Rajasthan Legislative Assembly adjourned for the day
Jaipur: Rajasthan Legislative Assembly was on Monday adjourned for the day after paying tributes to former vice-president Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, besides other departed leaders.
As the first day of the Monsoon session of the state Assembly began at 1100 hrs, the Speaker Dipendera Singh Shekhawat recalled Shekhawat`s fifty years of political career
saying the nation lost a conscious "jan neta", established parliamentarian, able diplomat and skilled administrator.
In his obituary reference, the Speaker said Shekhawat had given a new direction to Rajasthan by strengthening its economy, infrastructure, and driving literacy campaign,
besides uplifting poor in the society by implementing "antodya and apna gaon-apna kam" schemes.
The House also paid tributes to seven departed political leaders, including former state governor Prabha Rao.
The Speaker, in the obituary reference to Rao, who was a six times MLA of Maharashtra Assembly, said she was an able administrator and experienced parliamentarian.
Among others who were remembered included late KL Valmiki, BJP Rajya Sabha MP, Ramratan Bairwa, Harish Sharma, Major Fateh Singh, Pukhraj Kalani, and Govind Singh (all state MLAs).
The House also condoled the untimely death of 150 passengers in a flight at Mangalore on May 22.
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team