Rajasthan Legislative Assembly adjourned for the day
Jaipur: Rajasthan Legislative Assembly was on Monday adjourned for the day after paying tributes to former vice-president Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, besides other departed leaders.
As the first day of the Monsoon session of the state Assembly began at 1100 hrs, the Speaker Dipendera Singh Shekhawat recalled Shekhawat`s fifty years of political career
saying the nation lost a conscious "jan neta", established parliamentarian, able diplomat and skilled administrator.
In his obituary reference, the Speaker said Shekhawat had given a new direction to Rajasthan by strengthening its economy, infrastructure, and driving literacy campaign,
besides uplifting poor in the society by implementing "antodya and apna gaon-apna kam" schemes.
The House also paid tributes to seven departed political leaders, including former state governor Prabha Rao.
The Speaker, in the obituary reference to Rao, who was a six times MLA of Maharashtra Assembly, said she was an able administrator and experienced parliamentarian.
Among others who were remembered included late KL Valmiki, BJP Rajya Sabha MP, Ramratan Bairwa, Harish Sharma, Major Fateh Singh, Pukhraj Kalani, and Govind Singh (all state MLAs).
The House also condoled the untimely death of 150 passengers in a flight at Mangalore on May 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!