‘Rajasthan making all efforts to achieve UN MDGs’
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
on Saturday said that all efforts are being made in the state for
achieving the United Nations Millennium Development Goals
"Important steps are being taken in the state for
achieving the MDGs by the deadline of 2015 through flagship
programmes benefiting lakhs of poor and underprivileged
people," Gehlot said, inaugurating a symposium `MDGs in XII
Plan of Rajasthan: Integrated and Futuristic Approach" here.
The CM claimed that the percentage of BPL
families in Rajasthan has decreased during the last few years.
He said the government has launched a unique Rural
BPL Housing Scheme, under which 10 lakh houses would be
constructed by 2013-14 after obtaining loan worth Rs 3,400
Participating in the two-day symposium, development
experts and scholars called for strengthening the public
service delivery mechanism to achieve most MDGs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi