Rajasthan: Man beaten to death in Bhilwada
Jaipur: A man was on Sunday allegedly beaten to death by a group of men in Asind area of Bhilwada district over a dispute regarding his "second marriage", police said.
According to station officer Tulsi Ram, five-six men forcefully pulled Manroop Gujjar (35) into their jeep and took him to Bherukheda village, where they brutally attacked him with batons.
Gujjar was taken to a government hospital by locals, where he succumbed to his injuries. Both his arms and legs had been broken by the assailants, Ram said.
He said the actual reason behind the attack on Gujjar was not immediately known, but there had been a dispute between him and the attackers over the former`s "second marriage".
Ram refuted the claims made by villagers that Gujjar was beaten up after being tied to a tree.
A case has been registered against unidentified persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC