Rajasthan: Man beaten to death in Bhilwada
Jaipur: A man was on Sunday allegedly beaten to death by a group of men in Asind area of Bhilwada district over a dispute regarding his "second marriage", police said.
According to station officer Tulsi Ram, five-six men forcefully pulled Manroop Gujjar (35) into their jeep and took him to Bherukheda village, where they brutally attacked him with batons.
Gujjar was taken to a government hospital by locals, where he succumbed to his injuries. Both his arms and legs had been broken by the assailants, Ram said.
He said the actual reason behind the attack on Gujjar was not immediately known, but there had been a dispute between him and the attackers over the former`s "second marriage".
Ram refuted the claims made by villagers that Gujjar was beaten up after being tied to a tree.
A case has been registered against unidentified persons, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal