Rajasthan: Man beaten to death in Bhilwada
Jaipur: A man was on Sunday allegedly beaten to death by a group of men in Asind area of Bhilwada district over a dispute regarding his "second marriage", police said.
According to station officer Tulsi Ram, five-six men forcefully pulled Manroop Gujjar (35) into their jeep and took him to Bherukheda village, where they brutally attacked him with batons.
Gujjar was taken to a government hospital by locals, where he succumbed to his injuries. Both his arms and legs had been broken by the assailants, Ram said.
He said the actual reason behind the attack on Gujjar was not immediately known, but there had been a dispute between him and the attackers over the former`s "second marriage".
Ram refuted the claims made by villagers that Gujjar was beaten up after being tied to a tree.
A case has been registered against unidentified persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP