Rajasthan: Man dies in police custody
Kota: A 35-year old man, who was detained along with five others on the charges of alleged gambling, has died in police custody in Ataru police station in Rajasthan`s Baran district.
The accused, including the victim Brijmohan Suman, were detained after they were found gambling in Sakatpur village yesterday and a cash of about Rs 6,000 was recovered from them, Deputy Superintendent of Police Nirmala Vishnoi (Ataru) said.
Later, Suman complained of chest pain in police custody following which he was taken to a government hospital where he died during treatment, Vishnoi said.
The post mortem report is still awaited while the further probes are on, the DSP said, adding that the other detainees were later released on bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij