Rajasthan: Man dies in police custody
Kota: A 35-year old man, who was detained along with five others on the charges of alleged gambling, has died in police custody in Ataru police station in Rajasthan`s Baran district.
The accused, including the victim Brijmohan Suman, were detained after they were found gambling in Sakatpur village yesterday and a cash of about Rs 6,000 was recovered from them, Deputy Superintendent of Police Nirmala Vishnoi (Ataru) said.
Later, Suman complained of chest pain in police custody following which he was taken to a government hospital where he died during treatment, Vishnoi said.
The post mortem report is still awaited while the further probes are on, the DSP said, adding that the other detainees were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Messi Vs Ronaldo: Should Cristiano Ronaldo too quit if Portugal fail to win Euro 2016?
- Beware! Excessive gadget use could stimulate early ageing: Doctors
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan
- Amit Shah's dig at Akhilesh Yadav: Will Barack Obama maintain law and order in UP
- Mutual Funds pump in Rs 7,200-crore in stock markets in April-June