Rajasthan: Man dies in police custody
Kota: A 35-year old man, who was detained along with five others on the charges of alleged gambling, has died in police custody in Ataru police station in Rajasthan`s Baran district.
The accused, including the victim Brijmohan Suman, were detained after they were found gambling in Sakatpur village yesterday and a cash of about Rs 6,000 was recovered from them, Deputy Superintendent of Police Nirmala Vishnoi (Ataru) said.
Later, Suman complained of chest pain in police custody following which he was taken to a government hospital where he died during treatment, Vishnoi said.
The post mortem report is still awaited while the further probes are on, the DSP said, adding that the other detainees were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?