Rajasthan: Man dies in police custody
Kota: A 35-year old man, who was detained along with five others on the charges of alleged gambling, has died in police custody in Ataru police station in Rajasthan`s Baran district.
The accused, including the victim Brijmohan Suman, were detained after they were found gambling in Sakatpur village yesterday and a cash of about Rs 6,000 was recovered from them, Deputy Superintendent of Police Nirmala Vishnoi (Ataru) said.
Later, Suman complained of chest pain in police custody following which he was taken to a government hospital where he died during treatment, Vishnoi said.
The post mortem report is still awaited while the further probes are on, the DSP said, adding that the other detainees were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!