Rajasthan: Man dies in police custody
Kota: A 35-year old man, who was detained along with five others on the charges of alleged gambling, has died in police custody in Ataru police station in Rajasthan`s Baran district.
The accused, including the victim Brijmohan Suman, were detained after they were found gambling in Sakatpur village yesterday and a cash of about Rs 6,000 was recovered from them, Deputy Superintendent of Police Nirmala Vishnoi (Ataru) said.
Later, Suman complained of chest pain in police custody following which he was taken to a government hospital where he died during treatment, Vishnoi said.
The post mortem report is still awaited while the further probes are on, the DSP said, adding that the other detainees were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- World's biggest online piracy site Kickass Torrents shut down, alleged owner arrested
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!