Rajasthan minister booked on rape charges, claims conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: A court on Tuesday directed the state police to file a case against Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies Babulal Nagar for raping a woman on the pretext of providing her a ‘suitable job’.
The woman got her statement recorded before the chief judicial magistrate on September 13. In her complaint, the woman said that Nagar asked her to visit his official residence in Civil Lines on September 11.
After her arrival, the minister offered her a drink and assured jobs for her as well as her family members.
He then sexually assaulted the victim and warned her against revealing this to anyone.
The minister was later in the day booked for allegedly beating up and raping the woman at his residence here, a charge he claimed as "political conspiracy" to malign his image ahead of the Assembly polls.
The Rajasthan minister of state for Dairy has been booked under Sections 376 (rape) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the IPC following direction from the Judicial Magistrate No 9 in the city, SHO of Sodala Police station Bhawani Singh Shekhawat said.
The case has been referred to CID-Crime Branch as it involved a member of the Assembly, the officer said.
When contacted, the minister claimed it was a "political conspiracy" to tarnish his image ahead of the Assembly Elections and said, "I am ready to face any probe in the matter as I know the woman was trying to defame me on the diktat of rival leaders."
"On September 11, I was busy with people from my constituency from 8 am to 8 pm. Even my family members were present at my residence. At the specific time (5 pm) mentioned in the complaint, I was with party workers."
The minister alleged the woman had earlier lodged similar complaints of rape in Murlipura and Banipark police stations in Jaipur, but later changed her statements after blackmailing the alleged accused.
"She had asked for a ticket to contest Zila Parishad elections around four years ago, but was refused by Congress," Nagar claimed.
Asked whether he will quit the ministerial post, Nagar said, "I will welcome every order of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot".
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends