Rajasthan minister rape case: CB-CID records victim`s statement
Jaipur: Rajasthan`s CID-Crime Branch on Wednesday began probing charges of rape and assault levelled against minister Babulal Nagar by a woman in an FIR lodged with the Sodala Police station here, official sources said.
The woman`s statement was recorded and her clothes, which she wore on the day of the alleged crime, were recovered and sent for forensic examination, sources said.
An additional SP (name not disclosed) of CID-Crime Branch has been given the task to probe the case, they said.
The Sodala Police station has booked minister of state for dairy, khadi and rural industries (Independent charge) Baulal Nagar for allegedly raping, threatening and beating up a 35 year-old woman on September 11, after calling her to his official bungalow in Civil Lines on the pretext of giving her a job.
Nagar, 53 years, was booked on the directions of Metropolitan Magistrate number 9 here where the victim had filed a complaint alleging that the police was not registering her FIR.
After registering the case under various sections of the IPC including 376, police referred the case to CB-CID as it involved an MLA of the present Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez