Rajasthan minister rape: Statements of woman, her son recorded
Jaipur: The CID crime branch on Friday recorded the voice sample of the 35-year-old woman who had accused former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar of rape and assault.
A team led by the additional superintendent of police VK Gaur recorded the statements of the woman and her son for about 90 minutes at their residence, a police spokesman said.
The woman`s 17-year-old son cooperated with the investigating team for recording of his statement, he said.
His statement was an important piece of evidence as he had reportedly received calls offering a huge sum of money to drop the case allegedly by a close aide of Nagar.
The former minister`s statement was recorded on October 2 at the Police Headquarters.
Nagar, former minister of state for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his official residence here.
The former minister denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened