Rajasthan minister rape: Statements of woman, her son recorded
Jaipur: The CID crime branch on Friday recorded the voice sample of the 35-year-old woman who had accused former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar of rape and assault.
A team led by the additional superintendent of police VK Gaur recorded the statements of the woman and her son for about 90 minutes at their residence, a police spokesman said.
The woman`s 17-year-old son cooperated with the investigating team for recording of his statement, he said.
His statement was an important piece of evidence as he had reportedly received calls offering a huge sum of money to drop the case allegedly by a close aide of Nagar.
The former minister`s statement was recorded on October 2 at the Police Headquarters.
Nagar, former minister of state for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his official residence here.
The former minister denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!