Rajasthan minister rape: Statements of woman, her son recorded
Jaipur: The CID crime branch on Friday recorded the voice sample of the 35-year-old woman who had accused former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar of rape and assault.
A team led by the additional superintendent of police VK Gaur recorded the statements of the woman and her son for about 90 minutes at their residence, a police spokesman said.
The woman`s 17-year-old son cooperated with the investigating team for recording of his statement, he said.
His statement was an important piece of evidence as he had reportedly received calls offering a huge sum of money to drop the case allegedly by a close aide of Nagar.
The former minister`s statement was recorded on October 2 at the Police Headquarters.
Nagar, former minister of state for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his official residence here.
The former minister denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility