Rajasthan minister rape: Statements of woman, her son recorded
Jaipur: The CID crime branch on Friday recorded the voice sample of the 35-year-old woman who had accused former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar of rape and assault.
A team led by the additional superintendent of police VK Gaur recorded the statements of the woman and her son for about 90 minutes at their residence, a police spokesman said.
The woman`s 17-year-old son cooperated with the investigating team for recording of his statement, he said.
His statement was an important piece of evidence as he had reportedly received calls offering a huge sum of money to drop the case allegedly by a close aide of Nagar.
The former minister`s statement was recorded on October 2 at the Police Headquarters.
Nagar, former minister of state for Dairy and Khadi, resigned on September 19 after he was accused of raping the woman at his official residence here.
The former minister denied the charge claiming that his political adversaries had hatched a conspiracy to tarnish his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption