Rajasthan minister wants to undergo lie-detector test in rape case
Jaipur: Arrested on rape charges, former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar wants to undergo lie-detector test and has claimed to have had consensual relations with the alleged victim for over three years before a court which on Saturday remanded him in CBI custody for three days.
Nagar, who was arrested yesterday on charges of raping and assaulting the 35-year-old woman last month, was produced in CBI court amid tight security.
His counsel A K Jain said that Nagar and the woman had consensual relations for over three years and her allegations were part of a conspiracy against Nagar.
He also moved an application requesting the CBI court for permission to meet Nagar in custody and for providing him medicines and food prepared at home.
A separate application was also submitted to the investing agency by Nagar for conducting narco-analysis test on him.
"Nagar wanted that a narco-analysis test be conducted on him so we gave a separate application to CBI," Jain told reporters.
Police had booked Nagar on charges of raping and beating up the woman on September 11, after calling her to his official bungalow here on the pretext of giving her a job.
The CBI on October 9 took over the probe from Rajasthan Police which had registered the case against Nagar, following which he resigned as the Minister of Dairy, Khadi and Rural Industries in the Ashok Gehlot government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert