Rajasthan minister wants to undergo lie-detector test in rape case
Jaipur: Arrested on rape charges, former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar wants to undergo lie-detector test and has claimed to have had consensual relations with the alleged victim for over three years before a court which on Saturday remanded him in CBI custody for three days.
Nagar, who was arrested yesterday on charges of raping and assaulting the 35-year-old woman last month, was produced in CBI court amid tight security.
His counsel A K Jain said that Nagar and the woman had consensual relations for over three years and her allegations were part of a conspiracy against Nagar.
He also moved an application requesting the CBI court for permission to meet Nagar in custody and for providing him medicines and food prepared at home.
A separate application was also submitted to the investing agency by Nagar for conducting narco-analysis test on him.
"Nagar wanted that a narco-analysis test be conducted on him so we gave a separate application to CBI," Jain told reporters.
Police had booked Nagar on charges of raping and beating up the woman on September 11, after calling her to his official bungalow here on the pretext of giving her a job.
The CBI on October 9 took over the probe from Rajasthan Police which had registered the case against Nagar, following which he resigned as the Minister of Dairy, Khadi and Rural Industries in the Ashok Gehlot government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C