Rajasthan minister wants to undergo lie-detector test in rape case
Jaipur: Arrested on rape charges, former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar wants to undergo lie-detector test and has claimed to have had consensual relations with the alleged victim for over three years before a court which on Saturday remanded him in CBI custody for three days.
Nagar, who was arrested yesterday on charges of raping and assaulting the 35-year-old woman last month, was produced in CBI court amid tight security.
His counsel A K Jain said that Nagar and the woman had consensual relations for over three years and her allegations were part of a conspiracy against Nagar.
He also moved an application requesting the CBI court for permission to meet Nagar in custody and for providing him medicines and food prepared at home.
A separate application was also submitted to the investing agency by Nagar for conducting narco-analysis test on him.
"Nagar wanted that a narco-analysis test be conducted on him so we gave a separate application to CBI," Jain told reporters.
Police had booked Nagar on charges of raping and beating up the woman on September 11, after calling her to his official bungalow here on the pretext of giving her a job.
The CBI on October 9 took over the probe from Rajasthan Police which had registered the case against Nagar, following which he resigned as the Minister of Dairy, Khadi and Rural Industries in the Ashok Gehlot government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan