Rajasthan MLA`s to get more salary, perks
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister and his cabinet colleagues are in for a hike in their salary by Rs 5,000 per month with the assembly passing a bill raising the salary and perks of all elected representatives.
While CM`s salary would be Rs 25,000, the purse of
cabinet ministers would swell to Rs 22,000 and that of state
ministers` to Rs 20,000.
`Satkar Bhatta` (guest allowance) of CM has been raised
from Rs 20,000 to Rs 25,000 while the allowance of ministers
would rise from Rs 14,000 to Rs 20,000. Daily allowance of
ministers and the CM is raised from Rs 400 to Rs 700. Free
telephone, furniture and electricity allowances` rates have
also been revised.
Speaker`s monthly salary would see a rise from Rs 18,000
to Rs 23,000, while the deputy would earn Rs 21,000 per month.
The chief whip`s salary would be Rs 22,000 and deputy-whip`s
Rs 20,000. The monthly salary of the Leader of Opposition`s
would be Rs 22,000 against previous Rs 17,000.
The monthly allowances of these top functionaries has
been raised from Rs 14,000 to Rs 20,000 and it would be
effective with retrospective effect from August 1, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS