Rajasthan: NCW chief visits protest-hit Banasthali Vidyapeeth
Jaipur: NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma on Monday visited Banasthali Vidyapith in Tonk district, the private varsity where students had recently staged protest alleging cover-up of two rape cases inside the campus.
Sharma, who was accompanied by commission member Hemlata Kheria and other activists, spoke to girls on the issue and said commission`s team will soon submit its report in this regard.
"There are so many things coming out after discussion with the girls. My fact finding team is in Banasthali and will submit report after that anything conclusive could be said," Sharma said after meeting the girls in the campus.
On October 4, hundreds of students of the institute had carried out a protest against the varsity management for allegedly covering up two cases of rape in the university.
The students alleged that two students had been gang-raped on separate occasions recently but the institution`s management had covered up the cases.
In the aftermath of the protests, a hostel warden and a driver were arrested by the police on October 5.
Dausa MP Kirori Meena had yesterday staged dharna outside the institute campus, demanding a CBI probe into the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections