Rajasthan: NCW chief visits protest-hit Banasthali Vidyapeeth
Jaipur: NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma on Monday visited Banasthali Vidyapith in Tonk district, the private varsity where students had recently staged protest alleging cover-up of two rape cases inside the campus.
Sharma, who was accompanied by commission member Hemlata Kheria and other activists, spoke to girls on the issue and said commission`s team will soon submit its report in this regard.
"There are so many things coming out after discussion with the girls. My fact finding team is in Banasthali and will submit report after that anything conclusive could be said," Sharma said after meeting the girls in the campus.
On October 4, hundreds of students of the institute had carried out a protest against the varsity management for allegedly covering up two cases of rape in the university.
The students alleged that two students had been gang-raped on separate occasions recently but the institution`s management had covered up the cases.
In the aftermath of the protests, a hostel warden and a driver were arrested by the police on October 5.
Dausa MP Kirori Meena had yesterday staged dharna outside the institute campus, demanding a CBI probe into the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'