Rajasthan: NCW chief visits protest-hit Banasthali Vidyapeeth
Jaipur: NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma on Monday visited Banasthali Vidyapith in Tonk district, the private varsity where students had recently staged protest alleging cover-up of two rape cases inside the campus.
Sharma, who was accompanied by commission member Hemlata Kheria and other activists, spoke to girls on the issue and said commission`s team will soon submit its report in this regard.
"There are so many things coming out after discussion with the girls. My fact finding team is in Banasthali and will submit report after that anything conclusive could be said," Sharma said after meeting the girls in the campus.
On October 4, hundreds of students of the institute had carried out a protest against the varsity management for allegedly covering up two cases of rape in the university.
The students alleged that two students had been gang-raped on separate occasions recently but the institution`s management had covered up the cases.
In the aftermath of the protests, a hostel warden and a driver were arrested by the police on October 5.
Dausa MP Kirori Meena had yesterday staged dharna outside the institute campus, demanding a CBI probe into the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni