Rajasthan: NCW chief visits protest-hit Banasthali Vidyapeeth
Jaipur: NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma on Monday visited Banasthali Vidyapith in Tonk district, the private varsity where students had recently staged protest alleging cover-up of two rape cases inside the campus.
Sharma, who was accompanied by commission member Hemlata Kheria and other activists, spoke to girls on the issue and said commission`s team will soon submit its report in this regard.
"There are so many things coming out after discussion with the girls. My fact finding team is in Banasthali and will submit report after that anything conclusive could be said," Sharma said after meeting the girls in the campus.
On October 4, hundreds of students of the institute had carried out a protest against the varsity management for allegedly covering up two cases of rape in the university.
The students alleged that two students had been gang-raped on separate occasions recently but the institution`s management had covered up the cases.
In the aftermath of the protests, a hostel warden and a driver were arrested by the police on October 5.
Dausa MP Kirori Meena had yesterday staged dharna outside the institute campus, demanding a CBI probe into the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- US Presidential Elections: I've nothing to do with Russia, says Donald Trump as Democrats accuse Moscow of helping him
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama