Rajasthan offers reward for clues to missing nurse
Jodhpur: Rajasthan Police have announced a cash reward of Rs 2,000 for anyone who gives clues on the disappearance of a nurse who allegedly features in a CD showing her in a compromising position with a state minister.
The reward was announced late on Friday, a police officer said here on Saturday.
The CD in question reportedly shows state Public Health and Water Resources Minister Mahipal Maderna with auxiliary nurse and midwife Bhanwari Devi, who went missing on September 1.
Shahbuddin, a resident of Pipad area here and a mechanic by profession, is suspected to be the key link which can lead the police to the woman, the officer said.
Sketches of suspects wanted in the case will be released, he said.
The Rajasthan government on Friday ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the case.
Maderna claims to have recommended to the state government to order a CBI probe. "It is obviously a political conspiracy and I am being framed," he said.
"I have not even been named in the FIR (First Information Report) lodged in connection with her kidnapping. My name doesn`t figure in the police investigation. It is surprising how these allegations are being levelled against me," said Maderna.
Bhanwari Devi`s husband had on Thursday threatened to immolate himself if his wife is not found soon.
"I suspect my wife has been killed. If not, she must be recovered soon. I suspect the involvement of a state minister in her kidnapping," Amarchand told reporters here.
"I will set myself on fire in public if the government doesn`t take speedy action in the matter," he added.
After Bhanwari Devi`s disappearance from Bilara area, the Bharatiya Janata Party alleged the minister`s hand in her kidnapping and asked for a CBI probe.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot earlier claimed that unless the CD comes up before police, allegations of immoral activity against the minister cannot be made.
Bhanwari Devi has remained absent from duty since August 25.
A missing complaint was lodged by her husband the next day. The complaint was then turned into a kidnapping case and police arrested a government contractor who had allegedly handed her over to a gang in Shekhawati region in Rajasthan.
It was alleged that the gang took her to Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district.
Police of both the states have denied reports that her body had been recovered from a grave in Jhansi on Wednesday.
Maderna, the son of prominent Jat community leader Parasram Maderna, represents Osian constituency of Jodhpur in the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`