Rajasthan: Pilot condemns minor`s rape, says govt trying to suppress matter
Jhalawar: Congress on Tuesday accused the Rajasthan government of trying to suppress the Bakani rape case where a minor girl was allegedly gang-raped and murdered in a village of Jhalawar district.
Condemning the incident, state Congress president Sachin Pilot said the police had not helped when the girl`s family went to file a complaint and the government was trying to suppress the matter.
After the girl went missing on Saturday, a constable at the Bakani police station refused to file a complaint by her family that night. She was found near the village on Sunday morning. The constable was later suspended for dereliction of duty.
"Even after four days, no government representative has met the family. The local MP and son of the Chief Minister (Vasundhara Raje), Dushyant Singh has not yet visited the family despite being in the region for the last few days.”
"When the family went to file complaint at the police station, no report was filed. The state government is trying to suppress matter. That is why justice is being delayed to the victim`s family," Pilot said, extending all support to the family.
He also asked the government to provide financial aid to the family and a government job to a kin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars