Rajasthan police team heads to Kerala for Bitti`s custody
Jaipur: Armed with an arrest warrant, a state police team is heading to Kerala to take custody of Bitti Mohanty, the convict in rape of a German national in Rajasthan who was arrested nearly seven years after jumping bail.
The three-member team is headed by Lalkothi SHO Sampat Singh, officials said.
Bitty, son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, was working as a probationary officer in a public sector bank here by impersonating as a person from Andhra Pradesh.
After jumping bail in 2006, Bitti obtained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank.
He was picked up by Kerala police last night from Pazhayangadi near Kannur district.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people