Rajasthan police team heads to Kerala for Bitti`s custody
Jaipur: Armed with an arrest warrant, a state police team is heading to Kerala to take custody of Bitti Mohanty, the convict in rape of a German national in Rajasthan who was arrested nearly seven years after jumping bail.
The three-member team is headed by Lalkothi SHO Sampat Singh, officials said.
Bitty, son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, was working as a probationary officer in a public sector bank here by impersonating as a person from Andhra Pradesh.
After jumping bail in 2006, Bitti obtained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank.
He was picked up by Kerala police last night from Pazhayangadi near Kannur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP