Rajasthan police team heads to Kerala for Bitti`s custody
Jaipur: Armed with an arrest warrant, a state police team is heading to Kerala to take custody of Bitti Mohanty, the convict in rape of a German national in Rajasthan who was arrested nearly seven years after jumping bail.
The three-member team is headed by Lalkothi SHO Sampat Singh, officials said.
Bitty, son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, was working as a probationary officer in a public sector bank here by impersonating as a person from Andhra Pradesh.
After jumping bail in 2006, Bitti obtained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank.
He was picked up by Kerala police last night from Pazhayangadi near Kannur district.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video