Rajasthan police team heads to Kerala for Bitti`s custody
Jaipur: Armed with an arrest warrant, a state police team is heading to Kerala to take custody of Bitti Mohanty, the convict in rape of a German national in Rajasthan who was arrested nearly seven years after jumping bail.
The three-member team is headed by Lalkothi SHO Sampat Singh, officials said.
Bitty, son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, was working as a probationary officer in a public sector bank here by impersonating as a person from Andhra Pradesh.
After jumping bail in 2006, Bitti obtained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank.
He was picked up by Kerala police last night from Pazhayangadi near Kannur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!