Rajasthan polls: Counting for Churu seat on Monday
Jaipur: Counting of votes for the Churu assembly seat in Rajasthan, where voting was held on December 13, will take place Monday.
An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise for the seat on December 13.
The fate of nine candidates, including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s R S Rathore, had been sealed in the Electronic Voting Machine.
Out of 200 seats in the Rajasthan assembly, polling was held for 199 on December one.
Voting for the Churu seat was put off following the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The BJP swept the state assembly polls bagging 162 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani