Rajasthan polls: Counting for Churu seat on Monday
Jaipur: Counting of votes for the Churu assembly seat in Rajasthan, where voting was held on December 13, will take place Monday.
An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise for the seat on December 13.
The fate of nine candidates, including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s R S Rathore, had been sealed in the Electronic Voting Machine.
Out of 200 seats in the Rajasthan assembly, polling was held for 199 on December one.
Voting for the Churu seat was put off following the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The BJP swept the state assembly polls bagging 162 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what