Rajasthan polls: Counting for Churu seat on Monday
Jaipur: Counting of votes for the Churu assembly seat in Rajasthan, where voting was held on December 13, will take place Monday.
An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise for the seat on December 13.
The fate of nine candidates, including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s R S Rathore, had been sealed in the Electronic Voting Machine.
Out of 200 seats in the Rajasthan assembly, polling was held for 199 on December one.
Voting for the Churu seat was put off following the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The BJP swept the state assembly polls bagging 162 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional