Rajasthan polls: Counting for Churu seat on Monday
Jaipur: Counting of votes for the Churu assembly seat in Rajasthan, where voting was held on December 13, will take place Monday.
An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise for the seat on December 13.
The fate of nine candidates, including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s R S Rathore, had been sealed in the Electronic Voting Machine.
Out of 200 seats in the Rajasthan assembly, polling was held for 199 on December one.
Voting for the Churu seat was put off following the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The BJP swept the state assembly polls bagging 162 seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference