Rajasthan rainfall deficit down
Jaipur: The rainfall deficit in the desert state of Rajasthan has come down following widespread showers during the last few days.
The current deficit is 24.92 percent, which was 31.11 percent on July 25, according to official data here.
Whereas one district has received excess rainfall that is 20 to 59 percent above average, 8 districts have received rainfall under the normal category, which is 19 percent more or less than average.
However, a majority of 21 districts in the state are still under the deficit category (20 to 59 percent less than average) while three are under most alarming category (60 percent less than average).
The state as a whole is still under the "deficit" category receiving 242.79 mm rainfall till yesterday against the average rainfall from June one to August 11 of 323.40 mm.
The recent rainfall has improved the situation at some places. Dholpur has received excess rainfall so far, whereas Bharatpur, Karauli, Dausa, Baran, Jhalawar, Banswara, Dungarpur and Pratapgarh received normal rainfall so far.
Bikaner, Churu, Hanumangarh, SriGanganagar, Jodhpur, Jalore, Pali, Sirohi, Ajmer, Bhilwara, Tonk, Sawaimadhopur, Jaipur, Alwar, Jhunjhunu, Sikar, Kota, Bundi, Udaipur, Chittorgarh and Rajsamand are under deficit category.
The worst-affected are Nagaur, Jaisalmer and Barmer districts, which are under the scanty category.
On the other hand, out of total 724 dams across the state, 21 are fully filled, 314 partially filled and 389 are completely empty.
Meanwhile, several places in the state received light to moderate rainfall with Pratapgarh recording maximum rainfall of 13 cm during the last 24 hours.
The weather would remain the same and with possibility of heavy rainfall at some places in Southern parts of the state during next 48 hours, according to a forecast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical