Rajasthan rainfall deficit down
Jaipur: The rainfall deficit in the desert state of Rajasthan has come down following widespread showers during the last few days.
The current deficit is 24.92 percent, which was 31.11 percent on July 25, according to official data here.
Whereas one district has received excess rainfall that is 20 to 59 percent above average, 8 districts have received rainfall under the normal category, which is 19 percent more or less than average.
However, a majority of 21 districts in the state are still under the deficit category (20 to 59 percent less than average) while three are under most alarming category (60 percent less than average).
The state as a whole is still under the "deficit" category receiving 242.79 mm rainfall till yesterday against the average rainfall from June one to August 11 of 323.40 mm.
The recent rainfall has improved the situation at some places. Dholpur has received excess rainfall so far, whereas Bharatpur, Karauli, Dausa, Baran, Jhalawar, Banswara, Dungarpur and Pratapgarh received normal rainfall so far.
Bikaner, Churu, Hanumangarh, SriGanganagar, Jodhpur, Jalore, Pali, Sirohi, Ajmer, Bhilwara, Tonk, Sawaimadhopur, Jaipur, Alwar, Jhunjhunu, Sikar, Kota, Bundi, Udaipur, Chittorgarh and Rajsamand are under deficit category.
The worst-affected are Nagaur, Jaisalmer and Barmer districts, which are under the scanty category.
On the other hand, out of total 724 dams across the state, 21 are fully filled, 314 partially filled and 389 are completely empty.
Meanwhile, several places in the state received light to moderate rainfall with Pratapgarh recording maximum rainfall of 13 cm during the last 24 hours.
The weather would remain the same and with possibility of heavy rainfall at some places in Southern parts of the state during next 48 hours, according to a forecast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door