Rajasthan rape case: Babulal Nagar appears for medical examination
Jaipur: Former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar, accused of raping and assaulting a 35-year-old woman, on Saturday appeared for medical tests in connection with the case at SMS Hospital here, CID-Crime Branch sources said.
A medical board examined him and collected his semen and other samples for forensic tests after Nagar reported at the hospital unescorted by CID-CB sleuths, who reached there separately.
Earlier, at 10 A.M., when a state CID-CB team led by Additional SP VK Gaur went to Nagar`s official bungalow at civil lines here to fetch him for the tests, they found the accused absent with family members failing to provide any clue as to his whereabouts, sources said.
Later, in the afternoon, Nagar informed CID-CB on the phone that, in order to avoid the media, he would reach the hospital directly for the tests, they added.
On September 26, Nagar`s son had informed CID-CB that his father would report for a medical test on September 28.
"Nagar was not arrested and he left on his own (after the tests)... We do not know where he went," sources said, adding that, "further action would be ensured after the forensic reports in the case".
Nagar resigned as the minister for dairy, khadi and rural industries following an FIR against him by a woman alleging that he had raped and assaulted her at his official bungalow on September 11 after taking her there on the pretext of giving her a job.
The 53-year-old Nagar, however, has denied the charges, saying that his political rivals were trying to "frame" him ahead of Assembly elections in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day