Rajasthan rape case: Babulal Nagar avoids medical test
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), investigating the rape case filed by a 35-year-old woman against Babulal Nagar, on Wednesday failed to collect the former Rajasthan minister`s blood sample for medical examination to carry out its probe.
"Nagar did not appear before the investigation team today (Wednesday)," said a police officer.
"We had got semen samples from the woman`s clothes. We need Nagar`s blood for a DNA test," he said.
Interestingly, the 53-year-old Nagar on Monday gave the slip to a CID team waiting at his residence to collect blood sample, with his family members telling the team he had left for Shirdi in Maharashtra.
A notice was served on Monday on the former Rajasthan minister requiring him to be present for a medical examination in connection with a rape case registered against him on the complaint of the married woman.
The 35-year-old woman accused former minister of state for dairy and rural industries Babulal Nagar of raping her at his government bungalow in the city September 11.
The woman has given CID a memory card, purportedly containing recording of a conversation between her and the accused.
The Rajasthan minister of state for Dairy resigned last week following an FIR against him by the woman.
The state government has recommended CBI inquiry into the case and has written to the Centre in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder