Rajasthan rape case: Babulal Nagar avoids medical test
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), investigating the rape case filed by a 35-year-old woman against Babulal Nagar, on Wednesday failed to collect the former Rajasthan minister`s blood sample for medical examination to carry out its probe.
"Nagar did not appear before the investigation team today (Wednesday)," said a police officer.
"We had got semen samples from the woman`s clothes. We need Nagar`s blood for a DNA test," he said.
Interestingly, the 53-year-old Nagar on Monday gave the slip to a CID team waiting at his residence to collect blood sample, with his family members telling the team he had left for Shirdi in Maharashtra.
A notice was served on Monday on the former Rajasthan minister requiring him to be present for a medical examination in connection with a rape case registered against him on the complaint of the married woman.
The 35-year-old woman accused former minister of state for dairy and rural industries Babulal Nagar of raping her at his government bungalow in the city September 11.
The woman has given CID a memory card, purportedly containing recording of a conversation between her and the accused.
The Rajasthan minister of state for Dairy resigned last week following an FIR against him by the woman.
The state government has recommended CBI inquiry into the case and has written to the Centre in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly